The Scottish SPCA, Scotland’s animal welfare charity, is seeking to recruit a Probationary Inspector to work throughout the Edinburgh area. Ideally, the successful candidate will reside in the Edinburgh area.
To be considered for training you will need:-
- A strong interest in animal welfare.
- Practical experience with livestock, horses and domestic animals.
- A minimum of 5 Standard Grades at general level (or equivalent National Qualifications) including English and Maths, also ideally a qualification in animal husbandry or science.
- Excellent communication and customer care skills.
- The ability to handle challenging situations to include court attendance.
- A full UK manual driving licence is essential.
Please note that this position is subject to a Standard Disclosure Scotland check.
The position will be working 37.5 hours per week within a group rota, between the hours of 7.30am and 11pm, to include weekends therefore flexibility is essential.
For further information relating to this position, please click on the job description.
CVs and covering letters will not be accepted.
Please note that applicants who do not meet the above criteria or provide the required information will not be considered.
Scottish Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Scottish Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals is an Equine Welfare Member of the National Equine Welfare Council
Scottish Charity No SC 006467
Permanent - Full Time
Friday 2nd June 2023